Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (6)

This is basically turning out to be an author spotlight "Waiting on Wednesday" post, for the books I am looking forward to are...

Fire by Kristin Cashore

Set in a world of stunningly beautiful, exceptionally dangerous monsters, Fire is one of the most dangerous monsters at all - a human one. Marked out by her vivid red hair, she's more than attractive. Fire is mesmerising. But with this extraordinary beauty comes influence and power. People who are susceptible to her appeal will do anything for her attention, and for her affection. They will turn away from their families, their work, and their duties for her. They will forget their responsibilities to please her...and worse, crush nations, neglect kingdoms and abuse their power.

Aware of her power, and afraid of it, Fire lives in a corner of the world away from people, and away from temptation. Until the day comes when she is needed--a day when, for her king, she has to stand against not only his enemies, but also against herself...

Synopsis from Waterstones, and it makes me smile because, not only does it sound incredible, the synopsis is also written with British spelling! (Nerdy, I know. My non-American friends, stop laughing. Can I help that I think British spelling looks more awesome?)

Oh, and can we just pause life for a moment and drool over how BEAUTIFUL this cover is? I'm a huge fan of Graceling's cover as well, but this red is just... gorgeous. Makes me not want to take my eyes off of it. Do you think it would be a problem if I acquired the book and then didn't open it, so busy was I staring at the cover?

Fire will be released in hardcover on October 6, 2009.

Whereas Fire is sort of a prequel to Graceling (it explains a bit of Leck's origins, and if you have not been fortunate enough to read it, do it now!! With a review such as this one, why would you not?), Kristin is also working on a sequel to Graceling, tentatively titled Bitterblue, and starring the young princess herself as a sixteen-year-old. That's all I can find out about it now, but I know I sure don't want to miss it!

Okay, I'm done author-stalking now. What books are you guys waiting for?

19 comments:

  1. Eeek! I can't wait for Fire! I loved Graceling. I didn't know that the cover was out. Yay! I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, but I am laughing. I can't even see what's British about it because it's normal to me. Do you write mesmerizing or something? That's all I can think of =) I haven't even read Graceling yet, I beginning to think maybe I should?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only took so long to notice because for me it was spelt normally. I wish I could say I noticed when people use American spelling, but often I don't. I'm probably so used to it that my own spelling is a mixture of the two!
    No, you don't need help. You need to help me notice things more =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one does look very good...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fire sounds so mysterious and beautiful. I wanna read it now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fire sounds awesome! I love the cover - there's something about seeing a bow and arrow that makes me dance with glee!

    And I see you're reading Ophelia - how's that going so far?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering if this had something to do with Graceling, i love when the designers use the same typeface for related books, makes it so much easier to identify!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to read this one-but I still have to read Graceling! I'll get to it soon-I promise!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Fire's cover is gorgeous! I've had Graceling on my TBR list for a while. I'm looking forward to reading it (=

    ReplyDelete
  10. Um, Alea? The following quote of yours?:

    "i love when the designers use the same typeface for related books, makes it so much easier to identify!"

    SUCH a nerdy thing to say, hehe. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! Just wait til you see what i am up cooking up (if i decide to do it) if you think that's nerdy! :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do love both covers. And I so need to read mt copy of Graceling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Count says you have one award waiting for you at Bites. Ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Yes! I just adored Graceling and cannot wait for Fire. This cover is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am just as anxious to read this book.

    btw i love your blog! and so i gave you an award. its on my blog. (though you already have it i thought you should know Ur cool)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i read Graceling and i think its AMAZING!! i heard about Fire, and i want to know when its coming out. does anybody know?

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...