Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Proximity and Other Good Qualities

Brooke from Brooke Reviews gave me this "cleverly written" award which makes me snicker/giggle (sniggle? ya know, a synonym of "smile") because any description that self-congratulates its own ungrammatical cleverness is a level of slightly ridiculous HUH? "Cleverly written" is hyphenated wrong; there should be no hyphen in between the two words. Believe me, SpellCheck/GrammarCheck goes after me about it.

Ahh, okay, okay, the English major is going to shut up now. :) This award represents:

"This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY-nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this clever-written text into the body of their award."

The eight (okay, ten, I couldn't decide) charming bloggers whom I nominate are:

1. Thao of Serene Hours
2. Jenny of Wondrous Reads
3. Lenore of Presenting Lenore
6. Susan of Black Eyed Susans
8. All the incredible contributors at Chicklish
10. Carol(ina) of Bookluver-carol

Huzzah, friends!

Also, the lovely Thao gave me the following award! (And all of my snarkiness has heretofore run out for the time being, so no more making fun of blog award descriptions. Alas.)

Premio Dardos means ‘prize darts’ in Italian and it is given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing.

Rules:

1) Accept the award by posting it on your blog along with the name of the person that has granted the award and a link to his/her blog.

2) Pass the award to another 15 blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgement, remembering to contact each of them to let them know they have been selected for this award.

I throw permios dardoses at (and yes, some of these will be repeats):

1. Susan of Black Eyed Susans
2. Carol(ina) of Bookluver-carol
3. Adele of Persnickety Snark (someone let her know, please, because I think our relationship is currently unidirectional? blerrghh. sad)
4. Donna of Bites
5. Kristi of The Story Siren
6. Steph of Reviewer X
7. Jenny of Wondrous Reads
9. the lovely ladies of Shooting Stars Mag
11. Nicole of WORD for Teens
13. Chelsea of The Page Flipper
14. Lenore of Presenting Lenore

Whoo boy, I'm wiped from that. Going back to fun (not required) reading now... :)

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your two awards!

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm still not sure what that award means but yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As if you didn't get enough awards this week... I am sending another your way. I understand if you don't repost- Just know you are awesome:
    http://cupcakewitch.blogspot.com/2009/03/my-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your awards, Steph!

    Oh, and to answer your question, I LOVE LES MIZ. It was the first musical I ever saw on Broadway. I give you wicked mad props for knowing the "Javert's Suicide" line on my last meme. I didn't think anyone would get that, but you're my hero for figuring it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steph,

    You are hilarious and kind.

    Thank you,
    susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa! Double time thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...