Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (8)


The Stolen One by Suzanne Crowley

Kat's true identity is a secret, even from her. All she has ever known are Grace and Anna and their small village. Kat wants more - more than hours spent embroidering finery for wealthy ladies and more than Christian, the gentle young farmer courting her.

But there are wolves outside, Grace warns. Waiting, with their eyes glowing in the dark... and Grace has given Kat safety and a home when no one else would.

Then a stranger appears in their cottage, bringing the mystery of Kat's birth with her. In one night, Kat's destiny finds her: She will leave. She will journey to London, and her skill with the needle will attract the notice of the magnificant Queen Elizabeth - and of the wolves of the court. She will discover what Grace would never tell her.

Everything will unravel.

After reading the excerpt that is on Suzanne Crowley's website, the book The Minister's Daughter by Julie Hearn came to mind. Same lilting folksy speech, same mysterious and slightly sinister setting... and it's set in an Elizabethan world! Seems like it can be as good as Julie Hearn or Shannon Hale. I approve and I await.

The Stolen One will be released by Greenwillow Books, a division of HarperCollins Publishers, on July 6, 2009.

Aaaand I'm also waiting to get my own copy of City of Glass for my hardcover collection of Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments trilogy. It came out yesterday, March 24th. I can't wait. Vania from ReverieMedia has been raving about it on Twitter, like, ALL day yesterday and now I'm dying, especially after her drool-worthy City of Glass teaser that she posted. (Seriously, go check it out and hyperventilate yourself!) (And the other thing that's shocking about that statement is that, yes, I've joined Twitter in a fit of procrastination yesterday. Oh dear...) Anyway, who knows? Maybe it'll happen today. I do have several Borders coupons, after all...

16 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to buying The Stolen One when I am in the states for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait tog et my hands on City of Glass either. It doesn't come out in the UK until July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I just saw the stolen one last week but I'm in love with it already!
    By the way Steph, did you see my message on FB, I'm done with the banner : D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Stolen one looks amazing! I want! (love the cover too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Stolen One has such a cool creepy cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Stolen One looks really good! And I just joined Twitter too! (kissmybook) I am still a little overwhelmed by it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. City of Glass was super-amazing. My copy didn't arrive until this afternoon when Id just finished a borrowed copy ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still reading my copy. I'm so busy with school work though, I don't have time to finish it win one sitting like i'd like.

    You asked a couple of weeks ago where I got those big boxes of books In My Mailbox. I bought those two big boxes from this lady my mom knows. They're used which is why they were pretty cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm waiting for my CoG to arrive from Amazon too.. I wish things didn't take so long to get here! (mind you, I suppose a week's nothing to complain about).

    Please hurry up and buy it, I want to get your thoughts on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing cover for the first one....so colorful and gorgeous! And that girl's hair is SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree. That cover is gorgeous and so is the cover girl! I definitely want to read it after reading the blurb (=

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going to get City of Glass on Friday! I'm going to see Cassandra and Lisa McMann in Pasadena (like a 2.5-3 hour drive). The book sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to read both of those books!

    Stop by our site. We have something for you =D

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the hair of the girl on the cover of the stolen one.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...