Sunday, March 8, 2009

In My Mailbox (5)

Check out Kristi's blog for other people's In My Mailbox posts!

I have too much fun. I swear. Somebody should lock me up in a computer-less, responsibility-less room. Maybe then I'd stop acquiring more books and START finishing them!! Anyway, I had an absolutely fantastic week. I love publishers and authors and fellow bloggers and great-sounding books that are coming out soon and and and yeah, I'm just in that sort of lovin'-everything mood right now. Like I said, good book week. :)

If I Stay by Gayle Forman
(publication date: April 2, 2009)

Won this at a contest over on Laura's blog. I may be one of the last people on the book-blogging community to read this ARC, but hey, I'm happy. It's an ARC of a book that sounds really good.


 
Far from you by Lisa Schroeder
Radiant Darkness by Emily Whitman (publication date: April 28, 2009)

Received these through BookMooch. Both are ARCs although Lisa's book came out a couple months ago. But Radiant Darkness is a April/May 2009 release. Review review!


  
The Queen of Everything by Deb Caletti
Getting the Girl by Marcus Zusak
Thirsty by M. T. Anderson

Y'all know my obsession with used bookstores: can't pass one without going inside and browsing their entire fiction shelves, adult and children's. Found some good books, too. I've heard good things about Deb Caletti but couldn't get into her books years ago; I'm hoping that, now that I'm older and have the patience of a fly, instead of a gnat, I'll be able to finish her book (I've read the first couple of pages already, and they sound pretty good). Zusak's the man, of course; I also have I Am the Messenger on my shelf to read (it's been there for a couple of years, though, so I think it might be mad at me). And Thirsty sounds like a fun vampire read.

A Swift Pure Cry by Siobhan Dowd

BookCloseouts forgot to include this in my big box o' fun last week, so they sent it today, along with a coupon  that says "Buy $35 worth of books and receive a $5 discount", along with smaller text that says "good for one use per visit." Does that mean the coupon is renewable? There might be a LOT more of browing that site for me in the near future...

Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr
(Publication Date: April 21, 2009)

My heart nearly bounded right out of my ribs when I saw what I had gotten in the mail. Praise HarperCollins. Praise ShelfAwareness. I'm so excited to read this one.


The Only True Genius in the Family by Jennie Nash

Another successful request from ShelfAwareness. Jennie was kind enough to send me a copy to review. Thank you so much! According to the back of the book, this is "a story about three generations of artists who are grappling with the burden of talent and the limits of love." Sounds really good.



Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone by Stephanie Kuehnert

My local public library pulled through and I was able to obtain copies of several books that I've been hearing great things about from other blogs. I can't wait to read these. (Only where's the time to do so?? Ahhh!)

The Agency by Ally O'Brien

Won this from... oh darn... I'm usually better at keeping track of this but I totally blanked. I'm sorry! Anyway, still really looking forward to reading this. I saw this on LibraryThing's ER list but didn't get a copy there, so I'm glad it worked out in the end!

Lost It by Kristen Tracy
From PaperBackSwap






From Amazon.com:

Flora Segunda by Ysabeau Wilce
Impossible by Nancy Werlin
The Dust of 100 Dogs by A. S. King
The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley
Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
Sunshine by Robin McKinley (my own brand-new copy because I love this book!)
Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway
Vampire Diaries: The Awakening and the Struggle by L. J. Smith

From the Book Barn (aka, the best place in the world):

Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
Such a Pretty Girl by Laura Wiess
Leftovers by Laura Wiess
The Morning Gift by Eva Ibbotson
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

Not pictured:
Homecoming by Cynthia Voigt
Just as Long as We're Together by Judy Blume
Among the Imposters by Margaret Peterson Haddix

$3.50 for these wonderful eight books? I'm totally in.

The Second Virginity of Suzy Green by Sara Hantz
P. S. I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
The Secret Life of a Teenage Siren by Wendy Tolliver

I won these 3 books at Keri Mikulski's February giveaway. Clearly, besides for being extremely nice (and a fellow Jersey girl), she is a book goddess. Clearly. Thanks so much, Keri! Be sure to check out her blog because she holds giveaways like this one, like, every month!

Luna by Julie Anne Peters
Evermore by Alyson Noel (signed)

I won Luna from Color Online's Black History Month Writers' Contest, Evermore from Amanda Ashby's incredible 10-day blog celebration of the release of her new book, Zombie Queen of Newbury High. It's signed by Alyson too.


So the moral of the story is that I'm going to stop buying books until I make a noticeable dent in my TBR pile (which I'm not even going to tell you how many books it consists of). Anyway! What did you guys get?

24 comments:

  1. Wow! Are you able to walk in your house, or are you knocking over stacks of books everywhere? :D

    Enjoy I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone (awesome) and Fragile Eternity (jealous).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah yes! You are just like me it's like buy buy buy buy buy buy buy read a little buy buy buy etc. It's rather hard to stop isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Where do you put all of these books? You've done really well out of contests this week! I really want to read Perfect Chemistry, the book trailer is hilarious. Oooh, and you got Poison Study! Until the Hunger Games, Posions Study was my favourite book for like, years. Hope you like it =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it's like a drug! In February I gave myself an Amazon-ban and only 2 days later my will got weak and I had to fill my need. Be strong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fragile Eternity... swoon! It looks so good! Can't wait for that one to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where do you live Steph? I'mma break in and steal all these books away LOL.

    Tell me if I wanna be your Joey Ramone is great. I'm still saving my copy for special occasion ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. um.... wow Steph.... that is INSANE! SOO MANY BOOKS!! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahah soo many books. i've been holding off buying books too... too many books to still read. but the temptation is so great at times. haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read Handmaid's Tale. Loved it. Very appropo for Women's History Month. I've read about A Swift Pure Cry. Would like to know what you think.

    I thought I was bad. Many of you more than exceed my book buying addiction. Where do you put all these books and how can you make a dent in your tbr pile? lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy cow! I thought I had a problem with collecting books. :)

    I loooooved Poison Study I hope you do to. That entire series was just so enchanting. I reviewed it in case you want to check it out.

    And THANK YOU for posting a link to BookCloseouts because I have been seeing it mentioned on all these blogs and had no clue what people were talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing week! I really want to read Dust of 100 Dogs. And the "Teenage Siren" looks cute, too. Wendy sent me a copy of her second book, Miss Match, which also looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh you had the best week, evah. I totally understand your obsession with used book stores. I have several in my area and I frequent them often and I find many treasures. The dust of 100 dogs, is amazing as is Evermore. Now I have to check Book Close Outs..could I handle any more books? Heck Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great collection! WOW!

    I read Lost It and here's my review:
    http://bookreviewsbyjess.blogspot.com/2008/11/lost-it-by-kristen-tracy.html

    I didn't like it much so I'll look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you got soooo many book, you are going to need a whole other ROOM! I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone is one of my favs!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you got so many! o-o

    I read Thirsty, and let's say that everything was great until the end... In my opinion that is. I felt like I have read an older version of Goosebumps. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. woah, insane amount of books. And you're SO not the last one to read If I Stay. I haven't. :( it sounds amazing though!! yay for getting a copy.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woah, great week! Fragile Eternity looks amazing, and I hope you enjoy If I Stay & Perfect Chemistry.

    I'm so jealous you have Getting the Girl! I've been wanting that one for ages. Can't wait for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Steph! What a pile. :)

    Awe.. A book goddess.. I love it! Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your week in books is so remarkable, I just had to say WOW!! And read Dust of 100 Dogs first!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!! and can't wait to see what you thought of ibbotson's "The Morning Gift"

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow, i can't even handle how many great books you got! you have some serious reading/reviewing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So jealous you got Fragile Eternity!! Can't wait to hear what you think about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You've got some *amazing* books!!! (And some of them at crazy-awesome prices!!!) I'm way jealous of Radiant Darkness!

    I can't wait for you to read I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone, Impossible, and The Blue Sword (or have you read this?).

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can only imagine how big your TBR pile is.. compared to mine(which icomplain about) yours must be ginormous!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...