Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (7) + Birthday Shoutout!

ArchEnemy by Frank Beddor

The Looking Glass Wars, Book Three

I loved reading the first two in the trilogy about an alternate Wonderland world, The Looking Glass Wars and Seeing Redd, and so I can't wait to read this book. I couldn't manage to find a synopsis (anyone? anyone?) but I DID find the cover art. Whoa! I love the bright white-blues in the background, and have always loved the font they chose. From the title, it seems as if the third book might be mostly about Arch, who has proved himself a formidable enemy at the end of Book Two.

For those of you who haven't had the opportunity to read this trilogy yet, Frank Beddor reimagines Alice's world. The story of Alice in Wonderland as told by Lewis Carroll, he claims, which made the story sound like a laughable children's tale, got everything wrong. Alice's real name is Alyss, and she's the princess of Wondertropolis. A mutiny by her evil aunt, Redd, forces Alyss to escape into the other world--our world--where everyone laughs at her imagination until even she begins to doubt herself. But the real adventure and danger only begins when Alice/Alyss must return to Wonderland and reclaim her right to the throne.

I love retellings, and this one is a particularly well written one. I suggest you read it before the third book comes out! :)

ArchEnemy comes out in hardcover from Dial on October 15, 2009.

-

Also, it's fellow blogger Carol(ina)'s 17th birthday today! Happy birthday Carol! I didn't know until Laura told us, but Carol is my birthday buddy now, haha. You can't get much closer to my birthday (the 19th--oh, tomorrow!) than hers. She's currently living it up in Florida (lucky girl!), but stop by her blog (where she put up a gorgeous Waiting on Wednesday post) and wish her a good one!

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of the Looking Glass books. I was interested in the first one, but then I read that it was pretty violent, so I haven't picked it up yet. I like retellings too, so I'd like to read it at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time hearing about this trilogy but the way you described the books I definitely want to get started (=

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool cover!

    My response to your comment on my blog:
    I'm scared too Steph. Because the site that I got that info from covers horror films. I haven't read this book yet but I wasn't expecting it to be horror related....I guess I can understand somewhat but I really need to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cover makes it look like something I would never read in a zillion years. But I do love Alice in Wonderland...so...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for showing a preview of our book three. We hope you like it and take a second to review it when it comes out. We're up to a whole bunch of mischief besides the third book, the movie, a new card game at www.cardsoldierwars.com , an iPhone app, and of course updating the MMO with new games.

    Long Live Alyss!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...